Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cabin Living Area



This is where I hope to put a cute wood cook stove, when I find it
Before remodeling      
The cabin work continues, we have made lots of progress but we still have LOTS to do.

I have been writing so far about all the exterior progress and all the work The Husband has been doing. I have been working too, really! My work has been focused on the cabin interior; I leave The Husband outside with the bears.

The cabin was purchased "as is" which means there was a lot of stuff left behind in addition to the repair work that needed to be done.  There was a lot of linens, mattresses, rugs, miscellaneous household items, basically just lots of stuff. Also, the cabin had been abandoned for a while and the mice had decided to move in. One day while cleaning a large closet I got a "feeling" that I was being watched. Sure enough, sitting up high on a shelf was a mouse watching me and he had a really big smug grin on his face. BIG YUCK!

this is a job for a BIG trash can    
Big BIG trashcan   
I sorted, ripped up carpet, bagged up the discards and cleaned everything I could; the discard pile rapidly grew.  After many pickup loads and a large utility trailer full, we finally have the bulk of everything removed from the cabin. Do you know a mattress and box springs is very heavy? The last time I tried to help The Husband carry a mattress and box spring he said I tried to kill him. This time there were only a couple steps involved so he remains alive and unharmed.  

Then I had to have a heart to heart talk with the mice; they didn't appreciate me cancelling their lease!


I did all that cabin cleaning so it could become a  construction zone covered in sawdust, tools, paint and wood… sigh. I feel better with all the "chocolate sprinkles" cleaned up though! Construction will be going on for a while and the mice are currently evicted. I know the mice are outside plotting their revenge against me but for now I'm winning so don't burst my bubble yet. 

Panic attack .... I mean strategic planning mode      
Now time for the real fun began; we brought in a carpenter to start the remodeling process. Hooray!


I'm glad you're here, pull up a chair and sit a spell.
Mountain Belle

0 comments:

Post a Comment