Friday, September 23, 2011

vintage clawfoot tub and antique farmhouse sink


I have a wish list for the cabin and two things on my list are a claw foot tub and a vintage farmhouse kitchen sink. Luck would have it that I found a sink and tub at the same time so I took off with the truck and went after my haul.

I have my heart set on installing a claw foot tub in the cabin bathroom.  I have been watching and shopping around. They either needed lots of restoration work or were way too pricey for a cabin. I stuck with my shopping till I found one.



I also really wanted a vintage farmhouse kitchen sink, the kind with the big sink and the built in drain boards on the side.  The sink was much harder to find than the tub but I finally found one of those too. It's 24" wide with 2 drain boards on each side. The entire sink is 54" long.  It's a big one and I love it! It needs some minor repair and it is going to be gorgeous.


These are going to look awesome when we are able to get them installed. I can't wait!

Now we just have to get them all the way to the top of the mountain. Any volunteers?

I'm glad you're here, pull up a chair and sit a spell.
Mountain Belle

5 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery

That tub looks like it is awesome condition!!! Yes, I want a sink just like that. Are you going to put a "pot filler" faucet on it....Awesome!!!!

Kifus

Well, I already have a clawfoot tub but I'm longing for a farmhouse sink too! I have looked and looked for one everywhere but they don't sell them in Argentina, and getting it from the USA is sooo expensive... seems that I'll never have one. *sigh*
Congrats to you that you have both! I'm sure they'll look splendid in your home!

Mountain Belle

Thanks for stopping by. Good luck on your sink hunt. I am really looking forward to getting it installed. I'll be sure to post pictures showing its new home.

Anonymous

Love the drainboards on that sink. They are very unique!
I am on the hunt as well. Enjoy your new finds!

Kitchen Farmhouse Sinks

Hello,

You have created a very good site! Farmhouse sinks can be the crowning jewel in any kitchen. It has no divider and can easily accomodate a full cookie sheet. These are typically characterized by their deep, functional basins and heavy materials. This silk is available in a lot of different styles. Thanks a lot...

Post a Comment